Guwahati: One more person has tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam. The patient is a student of Regional Dental college, Kamrup metro. With this, the total number of positive cases has reached 59.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter to announce the development.
Alert ~ One student of Regional Dental College, Kamrup Metro has tested #COVID19 positive.
Total #COVID19 patients in Assam 59
Active cases 24
Update at 11.55 pm / May 8
The fresh cases have come just a few hours after Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced two persons who travelled in a bus that ferried people from Rajasthan to Cachar tested positive for COVID-19.
the state government on Friday declared four containment zones in the city — two boys hostels at Gauhati Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Dr B Borooah Cancer Institue and Amiya Nagar.
Highly placed sources informed EastMojo that boys hostel No. 1 and 5 of GMCH has been declared as a full containment zone for 14 days after a PG student tested positive for the virus. All the students from both the hostels are being currently screened, informed the sources.
The biggest government hospital of the state has been closed for new patients for the next few days, informed Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Further, Dr B Borooah Cancer Institue and Amiya Nagar in Chandmari of Guwahati have also been cordoned off for the next 14 days.
No entry or exit is allowed from the containment zones during the next 14 days.
- Over 82.57 cr COVID vaccine doses given to states, UTs so far: Govt
- World Pharmacist Day: Know why it is celebrated, theme for this year
- COVID-19 recoveries continue to surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- Women’s rights activist Kamla Bhasin passes away at 75
- Nagaland Lottery September 25: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- Withdraw support to Arunachal govt, NSCN tells 11 state MLAs