Guwahati: Three more persons who were on board the bus from Ajmer, Rajasthan to Cachar have tested positive for coronavirus, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday. With this, the total number of cases in the state has now reached 56, including two fatalities.
Taking to Twitter, the minister said, “Alert ~ 3 more persons, who travelled in the bus from Rajasthan in which the Cachar dist #COVID19 + person travelled, have tested positive.”
A bus carrying stranded passengers from Ajmer had entered the state on Wednesday following which, on screening, one person was tested positive, which was the 45th case of Assam. Subsequently, four other co-passengers also tested positive. So far, eight people travelling on that bus from Ajmer have tested positive for COVID-19.
Addressing a press meet earlier on Friday, the minister had said that so far, of all cases that have come forward, the 45th was the most viral.
Since many travellers of that bus were earlier sent for home quarantine, several villages/areas in Cachar district have been declared as containment zones. Up to 150 contacts have been detected so far.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs