New Delhi: China has reported 17 fresh cases of novel coronavirus, including 16 asymptomatic patients, in the epicentre of the COVID-19 outbreak, as per health officials. All the detected cases were locally transmitted in Hubei province in China.
With these freshly detected cases of coronavirus, the total count of infections in China has now reached 845 since lockdown was lifted on April 8, and all are currently under medical observation.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Hubei province has reached 629, as per reports by China’s National Health Commission (NHC).
Hubei province, which was the epicentre of coronavirus pandemic in the world, was under lockdown from January 23 since the outbreak to contain the virus. The province has a population of 56 million and the provincial capital is Wuhan.
The lockdown in Wuhan post the COVID-19 outbreak was lifted on April 8 and the city of 11 million people staggered back to normalcy.
The total deaths in China has reached 4,633 and the country has so far recorded 82,886 cases of COVID-19 since the outbreak of the virus.
- Ex-gratia for kin of persons committing suicide in 30 days of being COVID positive: Centre to SC
- Road scam accused surrenders before court in Arunachal
- India, UK hold talks on vaccine certification process: British envoy
- Sikkim: Former CM Pawan Chamling’s silence is creating a buzz
- Nagaland: Rs 26 crore disbursed under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY
- BJP leaders queuing up outside TMC office: Abhishek Banerjee