Guwahati: Several areas have been declared as ‘precautionary containment zones’ in Assam’s Cachar district after a returnee from Rajasthan tested positive for COVID-19 at Silchar Medical College and Hospital on Wednesday night.
Faridul Islam, stranded in Ajmer, returned to Cachar on Wednesday. He had declared himself to be a resident of Sonitpur district. He was found positive for COVID-19 after the mandatory screening for stranded persons who returned to the state.
Following this, in Udharbond Revenue Circle, Durganagar Pt -VI and Dayapur Pt-II have been declared as ‘precautionary containment zones’. Likewise, Lakhipur Revenue Circle’s Makhan Nagar, Jirighat and Sonai Revenue Circle’s Didarkush Pt-III, Motinagar; Bahorikandi Pt- II; Saydpur Pt- V; and Kajidhor Pt- VI have also been identified as ‘precautionary containment zones’.
In Sadar Revenue circle, Barenga Pt- III; Pechador, Ramnagar; Tarapur Pt- IV; and Sirukandi have been made ‘precautionary containment zones’.
No entry or exit is allowed from these zones without the permission of Cachar DC.
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory