Guwahati: Several areas have been declared as ‘precautionary containment zones’ in Assam’s Cachar district after a returnee from Rajasthan tested positive for COVID-19 at Silchar Medical College and Hospital on Wednesday night.
Faridul Islam, stranded in Ajmer, returned to Cachar on Wednesday. He had declared himself to be a resident of Sonitpur district. He was found positive for COVID-19 after the mandatory screening for stranded persons who returned to the state.
Following this, in Udharbond Revenue Circle, Durganagar Pt -VI and Dayapur Pt-II have been declared as ‘precautionary containment zones’. Likewise, Lakhipur Revenue Circle’s Makhan Nagar, Jirighat and Sonai Revenue Circle’s Didarkush Pt-III, Motinagar; Bahorikandi Pt- II; Saydpur Pt- V; and Kajidhor Pt- VI have also been identified as ‘precautionary containment zones’.
In Sadar Revenue circle, Barenga Pt- III; Pechador, Ramnagar; Tarapur Pt- IV; and Sirukandi have been made ‘precautionary containment zones’.
No entry or exit is allowed from these zones without the permission of Cachar DC.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA