Guwahati: Details in regards to the latest COVID-19 patient from Cachar — the 45th in Assam so far — have now surfaced. As per reports, the man is actually from Tezpur but was tested positive in Silchar.
As per reports, a busload of pilgrims were stranded at the famous Ajmer Sharif Dargah in Rajasthan and they showed up in Silchar on Wednesday morning. Among those pilgrims was this patient from Kochgaon of Sonitpur district who went to Silchar along with the rest as opposed to getting down at Guwahati.
As indicated by reports, the man came into contact with numerous individuals including members of his family. He is being treated at Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH).
The man was experiencing fever and cough even while he was on the bus. Since all travelers were found asymptomatic they were screened and sent for home isolation. However, as authorities tested just him, he turned positive.
On Wednesday, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter to announce the new development.
This recent positive case has increased the total tally of COVID-19 patients to 45. There are 10 active cases in the state of Assam. While one death was reported, 34 have been discharged in the state.
- Life extension: the five most promising methods so far
- Senior advocates must render pro bono legal aid to poor: SC judge
- Indian researchers working on early landslide detection systems
- Palestinian rights groups see muzzle in Israel’s terror tag
- US urges NKorea to stop missile tests and return to talks
- India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase sea trials