Guwahati: With the intervention of state health and finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, the body of a 19-year-old girl, a native of Assam, is being transported back home from Bengaluru, Karnataka.
The girl, a student, had committed suicide, according to an FIR lodged with Koramangala Police station in Bengaluru on Tuesday. The daughter of a retired police officer, her family had appealed minister Sarma who got in touch with Karnataka chief Minister BS Yediyurappa to assist in bringing back the mortal remains of the girl.
Speaking with a family member of the deceased, he said that the body is already on its way to Guwahati in an ambulance. It is expected to reach in 4-5 days. Her body was also tested for COVID-19, which was found to be negative.
A relative said that the family is in shock, and is unaware of what might have led her to take the drastic step.
However, he thanked minister Sarma for his intervention due to which the procedure of COVID testing was expedited.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border