Guwahati: The mother of 16-year-old Sam Stafford, who lost his life during anti-Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) protests in Guwahati in December later, has been hospitalised at GNRC Hospital in the ity due to deteriorating health conditions.
Informing about the same, All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) advisor Samujjal Bhattacharya took to Twitter on Wednesday and said, “Mother of Sam Stafford, the 16-year-old Martyr who succumbed to gunshots of the State Forces during the Anti-CAA Agitation, is admitted in GNRC Hospital.”
He added, “Her son’s death has left a deep void and has impacted her health ever since. She is on ventilator support. Prayers and wishes for her speedy recuperation.”
Stafford was killed in police firing in Hatigaon area on December 12 last year, when he was returning from an anti-CAA protest rally in city’s Latasil field.
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges
- Tripura: Rifleman guns down colleagues in Sepahijala
- Indian-American mathematician among three selected for Ciprian Foias Prize