Guwahati: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has approved Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh as an accredited lab for testing COVID-19, informed Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on late Tuesday evening.
With this, the number of ICMR accredited labs in Assam has increased to seven. The other accredited labs in the state are — Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, Regional Medical Research Center, Jorhat Medical College, Silchar Medical College, Fakkhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, and Tezpur Medical College and Hospital.
Sharing the news on Twitter, Sarma wrote, “I am pleased to share that @ICMRDELHI has recognised Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh as an accredited lab for testing #COVID19. This bolsters our capabilities as the total number of labs now goes up to seven.”
Assam has so far reported 44 cases of COVID-19, the highest in Northeast region. Of these, 32 patients have been discharged, one fatality and 11 active cases remain in the state.
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border