Guwahati: Two COVID-19 patients have been discharged in Assam on Wednesday, leaving only nine active cases in Assam of the total 44 reported cases.
Patients Jalaluddin and Motiur Tarapdar were released from Silchar Medical College & Hospital and Mahendra Mohan Chaudhary Hospital in Guwahati, respectively, after testing negative for coronavirus thrice, informed state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Taking to Twitter, he wrote, “Glad to share that two more #COVID19 patients, Jalaluddin (1st patient) & Motiur Tarapdar, have been discharged from SMCH & MMCH respectively, after three consecutive negative tests.
Now the number of active cases in Assam is 9, with total 44 positive cases so far.”
Assam has so far reported 44 cases of which 34 have been discharged and one reported death.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border