Guwahati: A 15-year-old student, a member of the infamous ‘Bois Locker Room’ chatroom that created a nationwide uproar, has been taken into custody by the Cyber Cell of Delhi Police on Tuesday.
A group of schoolboys and some college boys created an Instagram group by the name ‘Bois Locker Room’ in which they shared pictures of underaged girls, objectified them and indulged in lewd conversations of rape and gangrape. This group came under the scanner when a girl posted screenshots of the chat and the group members, calling them out in public.
According to reports, the teenager has identified 20 more boys, who were part of the Instagram group. The Cyber Cell of the Delhi Police has seized the student’s mobile phone for further investigation.
Taking suo moto cognizance of the matter, Delhi Commission for Women on Monday issued a notice to Delhi Police and Instagram. Highlighting that the group is being used for discussing techniques of rape and gang-raping minors, which is a grave matter, the panel demanded that the police submit a report on the action taken in the case by May 8.
The incident has once again put questions on normalising rape culture in India and the lack of sex education and consent education.
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study
- Northeast got ‘step-motherly treatment’ under Congress: Sonowal