Guwahati: Close on the heels of a person from Goalpara district testing positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, another case has been reported from Kokrajhar district of Assam, taking the state’s total to 44 so far.
Announcing the development on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ One person from Kokrajhar dist, with a travel history of Cooch Behar in West Bengal, has tested positive for #COVID19.
Total #COVID19 patients in Assam now stands at 44.
Active cases 11
Update at 9.05 pm / May 5.”
Just a few hours ago on Tuesday, a person from Goalpara district had tested positive for COVID-19. Goalpara district is among the three orange zones in the state along with Morigaon and Dhubri.
“Since the person is under containment zone, there is no need to fear,” minister Sarma had said while taking to Twitter to announce the development.
“Alert ~ One person from Goalpara has tested positive for #COVID19. Since the person is under containment zone, there is no need to fear.
Total #COVID19 patients in Assam now stands at 43.
Active cases 10
Death 1 Update at 5.10 pm / May 5,” Sarma had tweeted.
The Kokrajhar and Goalpara cases came five days after a man from Karimganj district tested positive for COVID-19. A day earlier, four persons without any travel or contact history tested positive for the deadly virus in Bongaigaon district.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art