Guwahati: Assam welcomed 391 students from Kota, Rajasthan on April 27, who reached their home states after covering nearly 1,900 km across five states. Upon arrival, all the students were placed under mandatory quarantine. On Tuesday, the first batch of 124 students was released from Sarusajai Stadium in Guwahati after testing negative for COVID-19.
Sharing the information, state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “Delighted to share that today 1st batch of 124 Kota students quarantined at Sarusajai stadium has been released after being tested negative for #COVID19. Visited the quarantine site along with officials to monitor their release process. Best wishes to these students.”
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border
- IMA president: Lawsuit over Ayurveda remarks ‘design to harass doctors’
- Rotary International President pays goodwill visit to PM Modi