Guwahati: One more person has tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam, this time from Goalpara district. With this, the total number of positive cases in the state now stands at 43.
Goalpara district is among the three orange zones in the state along with Morigaon and Dhubri.
“Since the person is under containment zone, there is no need to fear,” said Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma while taking to Twitter to announce the development.
“Alert ~ One person from Goalpara has tested positive for #COVID19. Since the person is under containment zone, there is no need to fear.
Total #COVID19 patients in Assam now stands at 43.
Death 1 Update at 5.10 pm / May 5,” Sarma tweeted.
The new case comes five days after a man from Karimganj district tested positive for COVID-19. A day earlier, four persons without any travel or contact history tested positive for the deadly virus in Bongaigaon district.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA