New Delhi: The third phase of lockdown starting Monday has come with a set of major relaxations, one of them is opening of liquor stores in all zones, except containment zones, while following norms of social distancing.
Thanks to this relaxation, scores of people were out on the streets, in queues longer than those outside a Forever 21 store during a flash sale. While many managed to keep up with the bare minimum of wearing a mask and maintaining decorum, largely, the entire concept of social distancing went for a toss as people went out in thousands to get alcohol.
In fact, police had to resort to lathi-charge to control the crowd which had been on abstinence for weeks.
Take a look at what Twitteratis had to say about lifting the ban from the ‘essential spirit’.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel