Guwahati: As the third phase of the lockdown in Assam has already started from Monday, the State government has decided to impose a curfew from 6 pm to 6 am every day during this period starting from May 4.
As per government directives, the key points regarding lockdown 3.0 are as follows:
- There will be a strict curfew imposed from evening 6 pm to the next morning of 6 am every day till lockdown 3.0 is over. Except for pharmacies, medicals services, ambulance services, fire services, no shops or offices, or institutions will be open after 6 pm. There have been strict orders from the central government to the police officials to monitor that the curfew is observed.
- Private hospitals, OPD’s, pharmacies, veterinary hospitals, and services will be open from May 4, this includes medical clinics, veterinary clinics, lab tests, etc. However, they will remain open till 5 pm so that by 6 pm the personals involved can go back and observe the curfew (with the exemption of hospitals).
- Stand-alone shops be it in the rural or urban area will remain open from May 4 till 5 pm. For areas that have the same type of market cum shops in continuation, only one-third of them will remain open. In areas where there are adjacent shops, it shall be ensured that there are at least two closed shops in between two open. However, if there is a grocery shop or a pharmacy amid the two open shops then they will remain open. Book stores are also exempted from the one-third rule. The decisions as to which shops will remain open and which will remain closed will be taken by Market Associations in consultation with the Deputy Commissioners. Stand-alone shops, however, need not follow any of the rules.
- Market complex and shopping malls, gyms, movie halls, entertainment options like parks, bars will, however, remain closed till the end of lockdown.
- Auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, and taxis can operate from May 4 with one driver and two passengers. Four-wheelers including Uber, Ola will also follow the one driver and two passenger models. For two-wheelers, pillion riding is allowed either with one female or one child up to the age of 12 years.
- All constructions in urban areas shall be allowed with a maximum of 50% workforce.
- City buses, intra-district, and inter-district buses shall operate with 50% capacity. Only 50% of the total number of buses shall be allowed to operate and only under the authority of ASTC. All vehicles which are allowed are however not permitted to stop in the Red and Orange Zones but can only pass through.
- Government and Private Offices shall operate with 50% of employees.
- All tea shops, restaurants, ice-cream parlours, cooked food outlets are allowed to operate on takeaways or home delivery basis only.
- Barbershops, saloons, and parlours shall continue to remain closed, however, home visits of barber would be allowed after following hygiene and sanitization norms.
- No livestock carrying trucks shall be allowed to enter the State. However, if there is any truck already loaded with livestock and headed for any State outside Assam those may be allowed to move to their destination without stopping in the State of Assam
- E-Commerce for all commodities is now allowed.
- Maintaining physical distancing and arrangement for, hand sanitization shall be the responsibility of the Head of the Organization both public and private.
- Female employees, both private and public, with children below five years of age are not to attend office till 17th May 2020.
- Ghats and bazaars including weekly markets shall remain closed throughout the state.
- Movement of persons beyond the age of 65 years and below the age of 12 years shall be restricted in public spaces except for medical purposes.
- Marriage ceremonies, political, academic, cultural, sports gatherings are banned including attending temples, mosques, churches, etc. will remain closed.
The minister also stressed the importance of the strict usage of masks in any of the above-stated activities following physical distancing norms.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence