Guwahati: Assam government has decided to open its borders with all Northeastern state from Sunday for allowing travel of natives stranded in other states, informed state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a press meet on Saturday. Except for people in Sikkim, as one has to travel via West Bengal to reach Assam, others can now enter the state.
The minister said that the borders are open for all inbound persons to Assam so that people of the state who are temporarily present in those states can come back without any objection.
Further, no passes will required for people travelling from these states. However, they will be subject to medical screening. And accordingly, they will either be suggested home quarantine, facility quarantine, or quarantine in some hospital.
Although people with private vehicles may start their journey from Sunday itself, those looking to avail of government transportation will have to wait for a few days, added Sarma.
- Tripura: TMC leader Kunal Ghosh taken to hospital
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K
- APCC raises suspicion over Assam CM’s talks with NSCN(IM)
- International Day of Peace 2021: Why is it celebrated?
- Nagaland Lottery September 21: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result