Guwahati: Assam government has launched a helpline number for all people of the state who are stranded anywhere across India, except in Northeastern states.
Addressing a press meet on Saturday, minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said, stranded people can give a missed call at 7428159966 and within 48 hours, they will receive a link wherein they will have to fill details like where are they from, where are they headed, etc.
The government will then finalise on the modalities on bringing back the stranded people.
Sarma said that this link will be under the supervision of Assam Police, and ADGP GP Singh and ADGP Harmeet Singh will be the nodal officers for this.
Assam Police will send the communication on when these people can travel.
However, those willing to return using their own transport can send their details at email@example.com.
- Centre working to transform Northeast into growth hub: Shekhawat
- Assam Police introduces helpline for Arunachal travellers, vehicles
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland