New Delhi: Sixty-eight more CRPF jawans at a camp in East Delhi have tested positive for COVID-19 . With this, the total number of positive cases in the battalion based in East Delhi has risen up to 122.
Total coronavirus cases in CRPF has risen to a total of 127. One of the CRPF personnel has recovered from the disease while another died from it. All belong to the 31st battalion in Delhi’s Mayur Vihar Phase 3.
Earlier, a 55-year-old CRPF personnel of the same battalion died of coronavirus in Delhi. The deceased was a sub-inspector of CRPF. He was admitted to the Safdarjung hospital a few days ago, soon after testing positive for the virus.
“The 55-year-old personnel died on Tuesday due to COVID-19 infection. He was posted with the 31st battalion of the force based in Delhi,” said a senior official of the CRPF. The personnel, who hailed from Barpeta district in Assam, was suffering from co-morbidity like diabetes and hypertension.
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse
- Assam lockdown? CM Himanta allays fear, says Covid cases under control
- Arunachal CM on tour of border district, meets soldiers at Yangtse post