Kohima: The official Twitter handle of former chief minister and leader of Opposition TR Zeliang was hacked on Thursday evening; however, it was later restored. While this was a rare case of a Naga politician’s Twitter handle being hacked, a close aide of the leader has alleged that some “unscrupulous element” is trying to tarnish the image of the leader.
A YouTube video link uploaded from Zeliang’s handle after it was hacked showed a compilation of ‘body building’ TikTok videos.
“In an unfortunate and woeful incident yesterday, the verified Twitter Account of the Leader of Opposition, Sh. TR Zeliang was compromised by some unscrupulous element and a random link was tweeted at around 3: 32-3: 33 PM,” an update from the personal secretary to the leader of Opposition on Friday morning said.
It said that although a “timely intervention” has managed to “extenuate the malicious move, such attempt to malign and tarnish the image of the Leader of Opposition is most condemnable and reprehensible”.
It added that the matter has been brought to the knowledge of cyber crime branch, Nagaland Police and appropriate action will be initiated as per the relevant provisions of the law.
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM