Itanagar: A short documentary movie Chi Lupo, which is based on the custom of honey hunting among the Sherdukpen tribe of West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh, won the best documentary award at the 10th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival, 2020 in New Delhi on Thursday.
Kezang D Thondok, an independent filmmaker, made the documentary. He hails from Rupa in West Kameng district and earlier worked as a crew member in the making of several regional films. However, Chi Lupo is his debut short documentary.
The documentary was shot through June and July 2019, during the summer honey hunting expedition. Such expeditions are also made during October-November.
A Sherdukpen movie Besmeh, wherein he worked as an actor and editor, won the Prag Cine Awards in 2015.
Thongdok is currently working on his next documentary on KhikSaba, an unexplored festival of the Sherdukpen tribe, and on a short film, Baan.
Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu took to Twitter to congratulate him. “Congratulations to Shri Kezang D Thongdok Ji for bagging best documentary award for your film “Chi-Lupo” (The #Shertukpen Honey Hunters) at the 10th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival 2020. Thank you Thongdok Ji for giving us the reason to cheer at the time of novel coronavirus, ” wrote Khandu.
- Meghalaya: Man kills wife, then self, 6-month-old baby found alive
- Assam reports six more fatalities, 441 new COVID cases
- Zee Entertainment, Sony India to merge; Punit Goenka to lead
- Assam: ‘Cattle smuggler’ killed, BSF jawan hurt in gunfight along Indo-Bangla border
- WHO chief thanks India for decision to resume COVID-19 vaccine export
- Biomedical waste disposal: This Assam entrepreneur does it with tact, science