New Delhi: Widely popular TV serial Ramayana by Ramanand Sagar, which is being shown on Doordarshan amid the COVID-19 lockdown, became the world’s most-watched show on April 16 with 7.7 crore viewers.
Ramayana is being aired again since March 28 on public demand during the nationwide lockdown to beat the spread of COVID-19. In fact, when it was telecast for the first time, the serial had broken all records of popularity, and the show has repeated its history again by becoming the most watched show on Earth.
With a total of 78 episodes, the TV serial is based on Valmiki’s Ramayana and Tulsidas’ Ramcharitmanas.
When aired for the first time in the year 1987, from 1987 to 1988, Ramayana became the most watched TV serial in the world. Till June 2003, it remained undefeated in the Limca Book of Records as “the most watched mythological serial in the world”.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19