New Delhi: Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor breathed his last at the HN Reliance Hospital in Mumbai on Thursday morning after battling with cancer since 2018. He was 67.
The actor was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday morning as he was “not well”, said reports.
He was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and he returned to India from New York in September last year after his cancer treatment.
Taking to Twitter, legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan expressed his shock at the news. “T 3517 – He’s GONE .. ! Rishi Kapoor .. gone .. just passed away ..
I am destroyed !” he tweeted.
Kapoor played leading roles in about 92 films between 1973 and 2000, of which 36 were box office hits, as per reports. He won the the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his performance in Do Dooni Chaar in 2011.
He also won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Kapoor & Sons in 2017. He was honoured with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008.
He is survived by wife Neetu Singh, daughter Riddhima Kapoor and son Ranbir Kapoor.
Meanwhile, condolence messages have started to pour in on Twitter.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19