Guwahati: A man from Assam’s Karimganj district has tested positive for COVID-19, taking the state’s tally to 42 so far. This comes on day after four people from Assam’s Bongaigaon district were found to be infected with the deadly coronavirus, announced health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
With this, the total number of positive cases has gone up to 42. Of this, 29 have been discharged and one died. Now, 12 active cases remain in hospitals.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma announced: “Alert ~ One person from Karimganj, secondary contact of a #NizamuddinMarkaz attendee, has tested positive for #COVID19.
Total #COVID19 patients in Assam now stands at 42. (29 are discharged, 1 death, so active hospital cases 12.)
Update at 9.20 pm / April 30.”
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP