Guwahati: Just a few hours after a 16-year-old girl from Assam’s Bongaigaon district was found to be infected with COVID-19, another man — this time from Goalpara district — tested positive for the deadly coronavirus on Tuesday.
This takes the total number of COVID-19 patients in Assam to 37, including one death. There are nine active cases in hospitals with the rest already being discharged after testing negative for COVID-19.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter again to announce the development. “Alert ~ A person from Goalpara district, secondary contact of a Markaz attendee, has tested #COVID positive.
The number of #COVID19 patients in Assam now stands at 37. Active hospital cases 9.
Update at 3:45 pm / April 28.”
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal