Guwahati: A 16-year-old girl from Salmara in Bongaigaon district of Assam has tested positive for COVID-19, taking the total number of cases in the state to 36. The patient is a secondary contact of a Nizamuddin Markaz attendee, announced Assam health minister Himanta Biswar Sarma on Tuesday.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma said: “Alert ~ A 16-year-old girl from Salmara Bongaingaon, secondary contact of a Markaz attendee, has tested #COVID positive.
The number of #COVID19 patients in Assam now stands at 36. However active hospital cases are 8.
Update at 12:20 pm / April 28.”
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs