Agartala: Tripura police have collected an amount of Rs 20.62 lakh as fine and detained over 1,368 persons across the state from March 24 to April 24 for violating the national lockdown, said additional inspector general of police (law and order) Subrata Chakraborty.
Speaking with EastMojo, Chakraborty said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the nation lockdown on March 24 as a precautionary measure against the spread of coronavirus. “We have arrested 1,368 persons from across the state for violating the norms of lockdown. A total of 29 FIRs have been registered across police stations from March 24 to April 24,” he said.
Chakraborty also said that during the period of one month, Tripura police collected a fine amount of Rs 20.62 lakh from vehicles plying on the street amid lockdown.
“Tripura is now coronavirus free and the government has announced some relaxations for activities. Yet many people are seen violating the norms and guidelines set by the authorities,” Chakraborty added.
Speaking further, he said even though the state is now coronavirus free, the lockdown is yet to be lifted. Relaxations to resume some activities and open some shops, markets have been given by maintaining social distancing.
“We are taking strict action against the violators and over 121 vehicles have been seized by across the state. These vehicles will be released once the lockdown is lifted,” Chakraborty added.
Meanwhile, Tripura has no active COVID-19 cases as both the patients who had tested positive have recovered and released from hospital. Currently, they are under 14 days of facility quarantine under the observation of health workers.
- Arunachal: Highway thrills for some, potholes & accidents for others
- Snatching accused shot at while trying to flee, say Assam Police
- Ex-gratia for kin of persons committing suicide in 30 days of being COVID positive: Centre to SC
- Road scam accused surrenders before court in Arunachal
- India, UK hold talks on vaccine certification process: British envoy
- Sikkim: Former CM Pawan Chamling’s silence is creating a buzz