Guwahati: Indian Army in a joint operation with Assam Police apprehended a cadre of NSCN(IM) near Lalpahara in Tinsukia district on Friday.
An official press statement by PRO (defence) said that the team acted based on specific input. “During the operation, the troops apprehended the cadre who has been identified as SS Private Raju Bramo, r/o Shisupani village in Golaghat district of Assam,” said the release.
Troops also recovered one point 22 pistol and four live rounds of ammunition. The apprehended person along with recovered weapon has been handed over to Lekhapani Police Station for further investigations.
Earlier on Thursday (April 23), a senior NSCN(IM) cadre was apprehended near Titabor in Jorhat district. Based on inputs, troops had established a mobile vehicle check post. During checking, they apprehended the cadet who was trying to escape from the check post.
“He has been identified as Number 900058A/04 SS Maj Nyaoba Konyak @Nweypa, r/o Ukha village in Mon district of Nagaland,” said the release.
During the operation, the troops also recovered two US-made Beretta Pistols with two magazines. The apprehended individual and recovered weapons have been handed over to Titabor police for further investigations.
They are believed to be actively involved in planning and conduct of extortion and kidnapping activities in upper Assam.
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Assam: Rs 116 crore approved for building mini sec. in Barak Valley
- Assam reports 365 new COVID cases, two more fatalities
- Active cases dip below 1 pc of Arunachal’s COVID-19 tally