Guwahati: Assam government is discharging 8 more COVID-19 patients on Sunday, taking the total number of discharged patients to 27. The state now has 7 active cases out of the reported 35 cases including one fatality.
State health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that 4 will be discharged from Golaghat Civil Hospital and the remaining 4 from MMCH Guwahati.
In a tweet, he said, “Good news ~ After their 3-4 successive tests for #coronavirus came negative, 8 patients are being discharged today & will remain under observation for the next 14 days.
4 Golaghat patients from KKCH 1 Nalbari patient from MMCH, Ghy 3 Dhubri patients from MMCH, Ghy
Sarma informed that Assam’s discharge and recovery rate is 77%. The state also has no instance of community transmission.
Assam has so far tested 7616 samples tested across six medical colleges in the state, with GMCH, Guwahati conducting the highest number of tests.
On protective gears in the state, he said Assam has 2.70 lakh PPE kits, 52,000 N95 masks and 46 Lakh triple layer masks.
- India records 35,662 COVID-19 cases, 281 deaths
- Davis Cup: Prajnesh, Ramkumar lose on Day 1, India trail 0-2 against Finland
- Mizoram U-19 head coach Murtaza Lodhgar dies of heart attack in Vizag
- BCCI may approach Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman for head coach post
- Over 7 lakh people vaccinated in Assam on PM’s birthday
- 37 new cases push Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally to 30,839