New Delhi: Anand Mahindra, the chairman of the Mahindra Group, was impressed when he saw a video of a unique e-rickshaw modified to promote safe social distancing while carrying passengers. He went on to share the video on Twitter praising the person who modified the vehicle and also wanted the innovator of the modified e-rickshaw as an advisor to his R&D and product development teams.
The video tweeted by Mahindra on the popular micro blogging site Twitter shows what looks like a normal e-rickshaw but with clever modifications to include four separate compartments for accommodating people. Through this modification, four different people can safely ride the e-rickshaw without compromising on social distancing, which has now become a global norm since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
“The capabilities of our people to rapidly innovate & adapt to new circumstances never ceases to amaze me,” tweeted Mahindra. He also tagged Rajesh Jejurikar, executive director – auto & farm sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, and added, “We need to get him as an advisor to our R&D & product development teams!”
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing