Shillong: With no new positive cases reported in Meghalaya, chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Saturday informed that 1,196 samples have been sent for testing, of which 1,097 have tested negative.
Meghalaya recorded its 12th positive COVID-19 case on April 20, following which there has been no fresh case. The government also informed that the condition of all the 11 is stable. The number of test results awaited is 60.
Sangma also informed that all primary contacts under home quarantine are being visited by a team of doctors in their residences and being monitored very closely.
“48 teams have been formed by the deputy commissioner’s office in East Khasi Hills for making home visits for all the secondary contacts. For all the other individuals under home quarantine, they are being advised for self-isolation for 14 days and to report if anyone of the symptoms appears,” Sangma informed.
A village health team has also been constituted in all districts comprising of 4 to 5 members comprising of the headman, ASHA, AWW, ANM, and school teacher.
Sangma reiterated that in the background of the present COVID-19 outbreak, the general public is advised to adhere to health advisories issued by the state government.
The public should follow the cough etiquette by covering the nose and mouth using handkerchief/towel while sneezing/coughing and to frequently wash their hands with soap and water.
Total persons screened: 24,382
Number of persons in quarantine
A) Home Quarantine: 5,878
B) Institutional Quarantine: 303
Number of phone calls received through helpline: 49,391
Number of persons contacted through IVRS: 22,303
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP