Guwahati: Assam’s district deputy commissioners (DCs) have received 51,402 requests for travelling during the ‘conditional’ inter-district movement relaxation from April 25 to 27.
Addressing a press conference, state minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that these are the ones who have private vehicles. He informed that for Saturday, 12,206 have been issued passes. Further, another 19,000 people have been allotted passes for Sunday and Monday, while over 19,000 applications have been rejected.
Meanwhile, helpline number 104 has received 41,561 requests for transport through ASTC bus services. The state will attempt to make travel arrangements for as many residents as possible. Also, no fees will be charged for this transportation.
The minister said that the state has allowed travel for almost 1 lakh people during these three days.
- 3 women farmers killed, 2 injured as truck hits them near Tikri border
- Italy hosts a climate-focused G20 as geopolitics shift
- Campaign for Tuirial assembly bypoll ends in north Mizoram
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended