Guwahati: Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, Maa Kamakhya Devalaya of Kamakhya Temple, Guwahati informed that the largescale Mela during Ambubachi Mahayog in Assam will not be held on a large scale this year.
The celebrations were scheduled from June 22-26 this year. The annual fair, celebrating the goddess’ yearly menstrual cycle, attracts a huge crowd of devotees from across the country, and outside. Last year, the celebrations saw almost 25 lakh devotees.
Though the rituals will be performed as usual as per traditions, entry or stay of devotees and visitors will not be allowed.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion