Guwahati: Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, Maa Kamakhya Devalaya of Kamakhya Temple, Guwahati informed that the largescale Mela during Ambubachi Mahayog in Assam will not be held on a large scale this year.
The celebrations were scheduled from June 22-26 this year. The annual fair, celebrating the goddess’ yearly menstrual cycle, attracts a huge crowd of devotees from across the country, and outside. Last year, the celebrations saw almost 25 lakh devotees.
Though the rituals will be performed as usual as per traditions, entry or stay of devotees and visitors will not be allowed.
- “Cheated” by lover, minor girl kills self in Assam’s Karimganj
- Congress begins day-long ‘Satyagraha’ across country
- Double Delight: Nitu, Saweety crowned world champions
- G20 delegates reach Arunachal, may visit Tawang today
- Singapore’s Surbana Jurong opens office in Guwahati, CM inaugurates
- Mizoram: Chin exiles, local issues and the humble areca nut