Guwahati: The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) has decided to promote the students of higher secondary (HS) first year (Class XI) of the academic year 2019-2020 to HS second year (Class XII) “as a very special case for this year”, said a notification.
The notification dated April 22 said that the HS first-year exams were to be held from March 25 to April 10; however, it could not be held due to the outbreak of COVID-19 all over the world.
Also, the promotion is for those who had filled up online firms.
AHSEC has requested principals of all institutions to take necessary actions accordingly.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity