Itanagar: A large quantity of ammunition were recovered in an operation by Assam Rifles near Kunsa village under Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
A press communiqué from defence PRO said: “Based on a specific input regarding presence of a group of NSCN (K-YA) insurgents, the troops launched a swift operation in the area.”
“During detailed search of the area, the troops recovered a cache of ammunition consisting of 170 rounds of AK-47 along with two magazines. The recovered items have been handed over to the Khonsa Police Station for further investigation,” said the communiqué.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion