Guwahati: Coming as a major relief, Assam has not reported any COVID-19 positive cases in the past seven days, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday. Assam has so far reported 34 cases including one fatality and 19 discharged patients.
During a press meet at NHM office in Guwahati, the minister said, it is the seventh day when no COVID-19 cases have been reported from the state.
Further, he said, that the rate of fatalities worldwide is 6.93%, while at India, it stands at 3.2%. Whereas in Assam, it is 2.94%.
Also, Assam has so far conducted 5,789 tests, of which 34 tested positive, 214 results awaited, and remaining tested negative. this also includes testing done for those from Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland.
- Porns film case: Kundra seeks bail citing ‘no evidence’ against him
- Meghalaya Chief Justice Biswanath Somadder to take charge of Sikkim HC
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar