Guwahati: Assam government will start rapid testing for COVID-19 from Wednesday, said health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a media briefing on Monday. The state has already received 9,600 rapid testing kits from ICMR and is hopeful of acquiring more in the meantime.
These kits substantially cut down the testing time from 6 hours to 15 minutes, informed the minister.
Of these, 50 will be given at Spanish Garden apartments for testing, a containment zone on Zoo Road, Guwahati. Another 25 will be given for Athgaon Kabaristan, another containment zone in Guwahati, and 250 in Lahorighat. The remaining kits will be distributed to different medical and civil hospitals.
Also, with these kits, the burden on medical and civil hospitals will go down, and accordingly, from April 24, all medical colleges and civil hospital, except MMCH, Guwahati will start treating general public, said the minister.
So far, Assam reported 34 COVID-19 cases of which, 19 patients have been cured/discharged and 1 fatality.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border