Guwahati: In a successive spree of COVID-19 patients recovering, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday discharged the state’s 19th patient from Telahi Model Hospital, Basagaon, Lakhimpur, after he tested negative in three successive tests.
With this, the state has only 14 active cases out of a total of 34 COVID-19 cases.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Babu Ali, a #COVID19 patient, has been discharged today from Telahi Model Hospital, Basagaon, Lakhimpur. His 3 successive tests were negative.
Cured patients -19
Request him and family members to ensure compliance of home quarantine guidelines.”
Earlier in the morning, Hazrat Ali, a patient from Sonapur Civil Hospital, was discharged after he tested negative for the deadly virus twice. He has been asked to strictly follow 14 days’ quarantine.
Minister Sarma took to Twitter to announce the development.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art