Shillong: In Meghalaya, 667 samples sent have tested negative for COVID-19. The state is yet to receive the results of 60 more samples. The state has so far tested 738 individuals post the first positive case. The state has a total of 10 active COVID-19. One person died following infection.
Concerning the status of active COVID-19 cases in the state, the government informed that the wife of Dr John L Sailo Ryntathiang, Meghalaya’s 1st COVID-19 patient who died on Wednesday morning, is stable, and in-home quarantine. A domestic help of the family is stable and is undergoing treatment at Civil Hospital, Shillong. All other positive patients are under home quarantine.
The number of persons in-home quarantine and institutional quarantine in the state has gone up to 2,557. The government helpline (108 & 1070) have received over 50,000 calls.
The government is focussing on identification, isolation and testing to contain COVID-19 in the state. Tracing the primary and secondary contacts to the first positive case in the state is still on. Till date 140 (primary) and 4,755 (secondary) contacts have been identified.
Shops and essential commodities will be open from 9 am to 4 pm on Monday to Thursday. Buying from wholesale shops will be allowed on Friday to Sunday.
The state has ordered 25 new ambulances have been ordered they are equipped with life support facilities. The ambulances are being funded through the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund which has received Rs 5.50 crores in donations so far. The remaining funds from the CM’S Relief Fund we will be invested on Corona Care Centres,.
- Sikkim clears mandatory COVID-19 checking at border points
- Centre to set up steel stockyard in Tripura SEZ: Minister
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Assam cabinet approves Rs 209 cr to streamline revenue administration
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25
- UPSC: Two candidates from Tripura clear final hurdle