Kohima: Amid the fight against the global coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic, the Dimapur police arrested three persons in total over two separate videos that recently surfaced online. A case was lodged against two persons on charges of physical assault and recording of video of the incident at the Sub-urban police station. In another case, a suo moto FIR was lodged at Diphupar police station against a person for screening persons with a tape recorder, videos of which went viral on social media.
Taking to twitter on Saturday, Dimapur police tweeted “Two persons namely Valen Sote and Medovi Kiso of Vidima village have been arrested for physical assault of some non-locals and dissemination of a video clip recording the same incident. A case has been registered in Sub Urban PS”.
Earlier on Friday, Dimapur police tweeted “Based on a suo moto FIR one person namely Heveto Awomi of Nihoto Village has been arrested in connection with a video clip showing some non local individuals being physically screened by a car tape recorder. In this connection a case has been registered in Diphupar PS”.
The Nagaland Police, on Friday issued an advisory for all social media users on various messaging applications to abide by the law.
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials
- Ruling party gets 324 of 450 seats in Russian parliament
- Key cheating element of ‘inducement’ missing from Raj Kundra case: Court