Imphal: After the first COVID-19 case of Manipur was declared free from novel coronavirus aka COVID-19 recently, the 65-year-old man from Lilong area in Thoubal district — the second case in the state — tested negative for serology on Saturday.
The patient who is undergoing treatment and recovering at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital in Imphal is likely to be discharged soon, if the next test is negative, as per the statement issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room.
The male patient, the lone active COVID-19 case in the state, tested positive last month with his travel history to Delhi’s Tablighi Jamaat congregation, one of the country’s epicentres for the deadly virus.
In a review meeting held on Saturday at the secretariat, chief secretary J Suresh Babu appreciated the efforts put in by the health department and advised them to ramp up the quarantine facilities and testing capabilities to contain the spread of novel coronavirus in the state.
As per the fact, if the next test shows negative, Manipur will be free from the deadly virus with zero positive cases for COVID-19.
According to the earlier statement issued by the health department, the positiive rate of COVID-19 cases in Manipur stands at 0.64%. This growth rate of the virus indicated that there is no community transmission in the state till date.
On Saturday, the state government also made mandatory of wearing of face masks for residents while stepping out in the public.
The mask need not be a company-manufactured one. It could be a home-stitched one which a family member can prepare, said the statement issued by the home department.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry