Imphal: A 29-year-old man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly spitting on a girl from Manipur, 10 days after the incident happened in Mumbai, as per reports.
The man, identified as Amir Khan, a resident of Kurla (West), was arrested by suburban Vakola Police with the help of the CCTV footage which showed the scooter’s registration number, the report said.
As per reports, the man, a salesman, has been charged with Sections 270 and 352 of the IPC for malignantly doing an act known to be likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life and a punishment for assault or criminal force otherwise than on grave provocation.
The incident happened on April 6 when the 25-year-old woman along with her sister were on the way to collect grocery items distributed by the Naga Students’ Union Mumbai (NSUM).
While trying to cross the road near the Kalina Atulji main signal in Santa Cruz (East) area in Mumbai, the man on a scooter came close to where they were standing, take off his mask and spat at the sisters, an act that displays audacious racism towards the Northeast people.
Unfortunately, there were no policemen in the area at the time of the incident and the man escaped from the spot.
While her sister luckily escaped from the spat, the girl couldn’t and received a spit stained on her shirt.
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Manipur: Ima Keithel re-opens after five months, tributes paid to those lost to Covid-19