Guwahati: In an effort for strict implementation of the guidelines on COVID- 19 management under DM Act 2005, pillion riding has been banned, and only two persons are allowed in private cars, informed Assam ADGP (law & order) GP Singh.
Taking to Twitter, the ADGP highlighted:
1. Wearing of face masks/covers has been made compulsory.
2. Ban on pillion riding on two-wheelers.
3. In case of four-wheelers, only driver and one (on the back seat) in private cars are allowed.
4. No spitting in public place.
Further, he added, “The cars and two-wheelers are to be allowed only for essential services as exempted, emergency services, medical emergencies.”
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border