Guwahati: Despite all efforts to control the spread of fake news, a rumour stating that there is a shortage of salt in Assam has spread like wildfire across WhatsApp groups and other social media platforms.
Clarifying that the rumour is “fake, untrue & baseless”, Assam Police said that “There is no shortage of salt.”
Further, making an appeal to not pay heed to such rumours, it said, “More than enough stocks of all essentials, including salt are available.”
Such rumours about shortage of essential commodity leads to hoarding and price hike. It is a request to trust news and information only from reliable media and government platforms.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31