Guwahati: Two persons from Assam’s Morigaon district tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday evening, taking the state’s tally to 34 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
The two patients are secondary contacts of Nizamuddin Markaz attendees, added the minister.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma said, “Alert ~ Two persons from Morigaon have tested #COVID19 positive. They both are secondary contacts of #NizamuddinMarkaz attendees.
The cumulative number of patients in Assam now stands at 34. So far 5 patients have been cured.
Update at 5 pm / April 16.”
This news comes hours after 3 COVID-19 patients were released from Goalpara Civil Hospital after testing negative for the virus in two successive tests.
Currently, the state has recorded 34 cases, including five cured/discharged patients under 14-day home quarantine and one death.
- UAE-based Assamese businessman donates 2 ALS ambulances to AMC
- WWE Extreme Rules 2021: Roman Reigns’ reign continues
- Sikkim eases COVID-19 restrictions for tourists
- Eyeing play-off berth, Delhi Capitals have their nose ahead against KKR
- Google in court to appeal EU’s 2018 Android antitrust case
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens