Guwahati: Announcing good news for a second consecutive day, Assam health and family welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that three COVID-19 patients were discharged from Goalpara Civil Hospital on Thursday.
The three patients — Khabiruddin Ahmed, Shahjahan Ali Ahmed and Yusuf Ali — tested negative in two successive tests, and according to to ICMR, Delhi protocols, they have been sent to 14 days’ home quarantine.
Taking to Twitter, the minister said, “I & MoS @Pijush_hazarika visited Goalpara Civil Hospital to monitor discharge of 3 #Covid patients – Khabiruddin Ahmed, Shahjahan Ali Ahmed & Yusuf Ali. As per @ICMRDelhi protocols, they have been sent to 14-day home quarantine after they tested negative in 2 successive tests.”
This comes after two patients were released from Sonapur Civil Hospital on Wednesday.
So far, of the 34 cases detected in the state, five patients have been cured, and one passed away.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border