Guwahati: Following the issuance of the guidelines by the Union ministry of home affairs, the Assam government on Wednesday in an official notification said that all liquor shops in the state will be closed with immediate effect and until further orders.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced an extension of the national lockdown in India till May 3, 2020 for containing the COVID-19 pandemic.
As per an order from the office of the state commissioner of excise, in view of the consolidated revised guidelines and national directives issued by the Central government for COVID-19 management as per MHA, it was modifying its letter dated April 12, saying “all IMLF OFF/CS OFF shops, wholesale warehouses, bottling plants, distilleries and breweries in the state shall remain closed with immediate effect until further orders.”
In an earlier notification, the state had allowed the opening of such shops from April 13, 2020 (Monday), from 10 am to 5 pm, subject to compliance of strict guidelines, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art