Itanagar: The 31-year-old lone COVID-19 patient of Arunachal Pradesh tested negative in the third test on Wednesday, informed chief minister Pema Khandu on Twitter. The Nizamuddin Markaz returnee who was declared COVID-19 positive on April 2 was asymptomatic throughout.
The swab sample of the patient, who tested positive twice earlier this month, was sent to the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) laboratory in Dibrugarh in neighbouring Assam for a retest.
The patient was kept in isolation for 13 days in Zonal General Hospital at Tezu under Lohit District.
CM Khandu also took to Twitter to inform about the development. “The first positive case of Arunachal has tested negative today after conducting 3rd test. He was kept in isolation for 13 days under observation of doctors. Repeat sample is being collected today again,” said his tweet.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18