Guwahati: A fresh case of COVID-19 has been reported from Assam, this time from Dhubri district, taking the state’s tally to 32 so far, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Tuesday night.
The latest COVID-19 patient is the wife of a COVID-19 positive person who is connected both with the Tablighi Jamaat meet at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi and Athgaon Kabristan congregation in Guwahati, Sarma added.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ A woman from Dhubri has tested #COVID positive. She is wife of a #COVID19 positive person who is connected both with #NizamuddinMarkaz, and Athgaon Kabristan congregation in Guwahati.
The number of patients is now 32.
Update at 10.25 pm / April 14.”
So far, the state has 31 cases directly or indirectly related to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation held in New Delhi last month, and one case in Guwahati for which the source of infection is yet to be determined.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation