Kohima: The Nagaland government informed that all educational institutions across the state will continue to remain closed until further orders. This comes as a clarification to the government order which directed all employees of the Nagaland civil secretariat and directorates in Kohima and Dimapur and all government offices in the districts to resume offices by Monday.
Taking to Twitter on Monday, the adviser of school education wrote: “In view of the uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic, all schools will remain closed till further orders for the safety and well-being of our students.”
An update from the DIPR on Sunday said that the although the state government has directed the Nagaland Civil Secretariat and the directorates in Kohima and Dimapur and all government offices in the districts to resume their functioning with skeletal staff from Monday, “all schools, colleges, universities, all type of educational institutions, coaching, tuition classes, etc, either government or private, shall continue to remain closed throughout the state of Nagaland till further orders”.
It said that the clarification was issued due to some confusion arising out of the order to resume government offices.
The state government had earlier ordered the closing down of all educational institutions in the state following the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic with effect from March 17 till April 12.
Ahead of the nationwide lockdown, the Nagaland government announced a ‘near-lockdown’ in the state which came to effect on midnight of March 22, urging all residents to stay home.
- Bharat Biotech awaits feedback from WHO for Covaxin EUL
- Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as 20th governor of Nagaland
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along