Guwahati: As the 21-day nationwide lockdown to curb coronavirus pandemic nears its end, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation at 10 am on Tuesday. So far, India has reported 9.152 cases along with 308 deaths.
Taking to Twitter, PMO India said, “Prime Minister @narendramodi will address the nation at 10 AM on 14th April 2020.”
This address will put an end to all speculation about the extension and relaxations to be put in place that began after an extensive meeting of the PM with CMs of all states on Saturday.
Though there has been no clarification so far, most of the states during the meeting had sought lockdown extension of at least two weeks.
Confirming that the PM has agreed to an extension, on Saturday, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal had tweeted, “PM has taken correct decision to extend lockdown. Today, India’s position is better than many developed countries because we started lockdown early. If it is stopped now, all gains would be lost. To consolidate, it is imp to extend it.”
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases